top of page


   The second story of the buildings spanning 116 through 120 West Third Street was called Union Hall in 1870 and was the first theater in Maryville. Union Hall was also used as a substitute courthouse in 1880 for the murder trial of Albert and Charles Talbott, accused of killing their father. In the 1900’s, Union Hall became home to the Independent Order of Odd Fellows with over 250 members; later, a night spot for Maryville police and firefighters; and, later still, a storage space for Hunt Construction.

sons hanging in union hall.jpg
bottom of page